ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 08:27:59 -0500
Greetings from Boston --

I had a great time at the Fleet Center on Thursday, and can hardly wait to
from Hockey East, I have a real soft spot in my heart for any team from the
University of Michigan.

UNH got the stuffing knocked out of them when Michigan scored the first
short-handed goal, and never seemed to be able to recover.  Ohio State
played a tough game against BC, but they just didn't seem to be able to
complete their plays (like, charging for the net but leaving the puck back
by the blue line).

Some of my other thoughts --

> One of the definite highlights for me was seeing Shawn Walsh was sitting
>in the same section as we were.  There he was, dressed entirely in black,
>sitting in the last row of Section 315.  Some coaching habits never die, I
>suppose, since he stood for the entire time he was up there (didn't see if
>he had one foot on the seat in front of him).  He signed some autographs
>for some of the kids, and got a chuckle when I shouted "Anaheim or Bust"
>when I walked by.

> Dan and I had a great time at the HOCKEY-L dinner -- great food, good
>company, and we finally got to meet the Ambroses.  Dan had a very civil
>conversation with Greg, and (Dan) has promised to be nicer in his posts.

> Some of the people we hooked up with (who were rooting for Michigan)
>noticed that it seemed that Western schools had a easier time cheering on
>their division rivals than the fans from the east.  Their philosophy was
>that "Well, they're jerks, but they're OUR jerks".

That's it for now -- more after tonight's game.

Lindsay A Huntoon
Go Black Bears
"Anaheim or Bust in 1999"