NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeffrey Letourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - UNET Technology Services Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:50:00 GMT
FYI,
We are trying to get a handle on the DDOS attacks that have been causing network performance issues over the last couple weeks.  We do have the attacks blocked at the edges of our network, however, the attacks still cause routing update problems for us while they are happening.  (See Garry's note below to get an idea of the Herculean effort it takes to stop DDOS attacks.)  I ask for your patience while we work to find a way to put a stop to these attacks (besides waiting for the jerk behind them to get bored of them).

Jeff

Jeffrey Letourneau
Manager of Network Operations
UNET