EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
daniesha laquand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 02:56:47 -0400
>To my knowledge, Pound was never a member of the fascist party.  To label
>him a fascist because of his sympathies and/or beliefs is a
>misrepresentation, much as would be labeling you a Republican whether or
>not you're a member of the Republican Party.

Pound said on numerous occasions, "I believe in fascism."

He adored Mussolini, and said so thousands of times.

He supported every political policy move made by the fascist government,
and gave hours and hours of speeches on Radio, extolling the virtues
of Italian, German, and Japanese Fascism.

To deny Pound was a fascist is to deny reality.

If you need source material, references to letters, or speeches
which Pound made, or biographies to read, anyone on this
list can provide them.

---D.L.