From:
Anthony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 11:09:15 -0800
Hello all,

Aha! One of my favorite points that I think most of us would sort of
agree on.

But, some leagues play too many league games to allow much of this,
like 28 out of the max of 34(36). Some leagues play a better balance,
say 22 out of 34 or somesuch.  It would take some creative thinking
but it could be done, but much like getting rid of the BCS in
football, it probably wont happen because of traditions and
rivalries.... 4 games head to head in league would have to go, I guess.

In basketball, the conferences typically play 15-18 games out of about
30 allowing for much more interconference play and some nationally
exciting games on prime tv like UCLA-Duke, etc, etc.  In hockey these
premier matchup in mid and late season would be great for the game and
get it national exposure.... just my 2 cents (or maybe 4 cents
allowing for rising gas prices).

Regards to all from the CA central coast,

Tony Buffa
RPI '64
=======