From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:13:23 -0500
> I can tell you unquestionably the worst, repeat worst,  Referee
> in Hockey East hails from Belmont, MA -- Steve McBride.

I can already hear the groans out there, but I kind of like McBride.  He was
pretty bad a number of years ago, but he's been ok lately.  And you can't deny
that he's entertaining -- especially the way he scurries across the across the
ice when play is stopped.  :)  He certainly doesn't call everything he could,
but I've never thought it impacted a game.  He just lets them play Hockey.

Now McBride's partner in crime, Rich Fowkes, is a different story.  Especially
when he's at BC.  He's the most biased official I've ever seen.  And maybe
that's why I like McBride -- he does a great job of containing Fowkes.

Best Hockey East Linesman?  Jones.  He even gets those offside calls with the
puck 30 feet in the air. ;)

Alright, the marshmellows are out.  Bring on the flames...

 Howard Quimby - [log in to unmask]             |\                ( )
 Natural Intelligence, Inc.            _________|_\_________________________
 Tel  617.876.7680 x1208                       -----              -_-_
 Fax  617.492.7425                                               -- - -