ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:31:01 -0400
Suffered through a "major league" case of deja vu watching my
formerly-beloved Boston Bruins square off in Game 7 of their playoff series
against the Montreal Canadiens last night, at the same FleetCenter which
hosted the NC game between UMaine and Denver.  Were it not for the ENG at
the end, the score would have been the same 1-0 as our game barely more than
one week ago.

A defensive stalemate most of the game turned on a skillful goal, as the
locals could no mount much offense against a (suddenly more) tenacious
foe....Andrew Raycroft as Jimmy Howard ?

Montreal's tally looked oddly familiar to that scored by Denver against
Maine, as well as the B's imiatation of the UMaine power play of late (B's
were 2 of 25 on the man advantage down the stretch).

Fortunately, the Maine program has a recent history of sucess, but what's
the Bruins excuse ?

Wouldn't you just love to quiz Bob Beers "off the record" about his hockey
observations from the month of April 2004 ?

We are sooooooo lucky in New England to have the college game to provide our
hockey fix, without having to rely solely on the NHL brand offered.