ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alexis Wollstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:30:05 -0800
I agree...Mike tonight and Matt on Sunday.

I like the idea of goalie rotation, especially with these two goalies. Both are strong goaltenders with different styles, and having both of them game-ready throughout the season will be a big plus for Maine in the long run.

Go blue!

Alexis Wollstadt '98

--- Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>Big game tonight at the Alfond, but no one is talking about it!  What's
>everybody thinking, is it Matt or Mike tonight?  One is the proven
>backstopper, the other has the hot hand.  I'm not sure who should play, but
>Mike is the easy choice to make.  If you start Matt, two things can happen.
>He plays great and regains his confidence, which we all expect, or he lets
>in a soft one early and his confidence takes another hit!
>
>Personally, I think you start Mike tonight and Matt Sunday.  That should be
>an easy confidence booster for Matt and you turn a round and play him next
>Friday vs. Northeastern to give him a HE game and Mike plays vs Quinnipiac.
>Thoughts!!!
>
>Glad to hear Francis will be playing tonight, should help solidify the
>defense.  And FWIW were I there tonight I would give old Jackie P. a round
>of applause.  Despite the difficulties over the years it would seem that he
>was very supportive and compassionate last year while Shawn was sick.
>
>Can't wait to see the team in person vs UNH.
>
>Bob Fitta '83
>

>Bob Fitta
>Advertising Account Manager
>Harvard Magazine
>http://www.harvard-magazine.com
>ph (617) 496-6631  fax (617) 495-0324

==
~Lexy~

Coming Soon!!--A Portal as Big as TEXAS!
Get Free email here ---> http://www.24texas.com