ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jim Baines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:04:28 -0400
In case word hasn't gotten around to you, Rivals Networks announced its
closure this week.  While MaineBeat.com and the other Rivals remain open,
they will pretty much go untouched until they're shut down altogether.

The reason was simple: money.  The network overestimated its earning
potential, and like most other dot-coms, it turned into a money pit very
quickly.

I had the intention of passing along my publisher duties to Jeff Bragdon,
but since the network was closing down anyway, it didn't really matter.  I
have the right to purchase the name "MaineBeat" from Rivals, but I doubt
I'll be doing that.

I want to say thanks here to those among you who have supported us.  It's
been fun.   I'll be around.

Jim Baines
Publisher
The Artist Formerly Known as MaineBeat.com