ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:36:08 -0500
Here are the things I picked up off Thursday's Coach's Report on WZON
(8:45am for all those with access to a WZON signal at that time of the
day).

-Donovan may be back for the BC series next weekend if he can skate all
this week and when he starts to take hits, he doesn't have blood in his
urine.  Let's hope he gets back.

-If Donovan returns he will be inserted into the top line in order to
jump start it, he has tried everybody there pretty much and can't
really get any combos that work great, he hopes that Brendan has been
the missing key.

-He really likes Kevin Clauson because he works so hard no matter where
he gets played (D, 4th line, 1st line)

-We are solidly in 4th place and feels that the team is taking
advantage of the schedule.  He figures that 1 win in the next 3 games(2
@BC and UNH@Alfond) would be ok, more would obviously be better.

-Brought up the fact that Providence although doing well with an
impressive record, their schedule is only 34th in strength of schedule
as opposed to Maine's 11th.  So with the MAAC teams becoming somewhat
of a factor it comes down to what do you want to do? Schedule tough
games or games that could be wins(beginning to mirror college hoops in
his mind)

-He was shocked when he got up and saw the BC-Merrimack score, and
figured that it would probably jumpstart BC for the weekend.  He also
said he would like to see BC win out (except against us) and that way
UNH and PC would be within striking distance.

-And when questioned about being able to make a run like we did at the
end of last season, he says don't count on one as impressive as it was
last year because although they are the same teams on the schedule,
they are all much better teams this year than last.

-Jake