ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 08:46:09 -0800
I'd like to hear from some people who were at the game Saturday night.
From what I heard on the radio the third period of Saturday's 4-1 loss to
UNH sounded awful for Maine.  We took 5 penalties and gave UNH 4
power-plays, two of those penalites by Niko.  (Yes the second period was
also awful, but for different reasons.)

This is very unlike Maine to shoot themselves in the foot so badly and not
give themselves at least some opportunity to come back.  To be
short-handed for 8 minutes in the last period down two goals is
disappointing at best.

Blair Marsh on the radio suggested that Maine was tired in third period
both nights, but especially Saturday (he actually started saying that in
the second when Maine was taking it on the chin).

What was the impression from those that were there?  Is this just another
example of what a young team must go through?  Maine teams have been
successful with disipline and stamina the last few years and I hope this
is an effect of the long trip to Florida and not a trend.

-dt