ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:07:52 -0500
Just a thought as I gear up for another year of gently riding the
opposition...

One has to wonder whether this is one more of those BU players whose
"groin" injury is actually
located between the ears, instead of below the waist, as a result of too
much Boston media hype.

Let's go Blue !!!

Jeff & Tracy Hill said:

>He was too young and inexperienced in the college ranks, let alone the NHL
>to stay in NY anyway.  It was only a matter of time.  I thought Alfie was
>alot more consistant, and I know that Snow and Dunham were more
>consistant, and they still totter up and down.  It's a BU thing to get
>that cocky before things even start.
>
>"Lindsay A. Huntoon" wrote:
>
>> Thought I'd share this -- guess BU fans won't be flocking to the Fleet
>> Center when the Islanders come to town:
>>
>> >TOP OVERALL PICK IN DRAFT ASSIGNED TO MINORS
>> >
>> >UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) - New York Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro,
>> >the first overall pick in the 2000 NHL entry draft, was assigned
>> >Tuesday to Chicago of the International Hockey League. The
>> >19-year-old DiPietro was the first goalie selected with the first
>> >overall pick in NHL draft history. As a freshman at Boston
>> >University last season, he was 18-5-5 with a 2.45 goals-against
>> >average and .913 save percentage, and received Hockey East rookie
>> >of the year honors. Veterans John Vanbiesbrouck and Wade Flaherty
>> >will share goaltending duties to start the season for the
>> >Islanders. "DiPietro was a decision simply based on
>> >circumstances," Isles general manager Mike Milbury said. "This is
>> >not an evaluation of his performance, because we just didn't have
>> >enough time to do that. ... When Rick got hurt (groin), it just
>> >made it impossible for us to get a good look at him."
>> >
>> >*** For the full story, see
>> >http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2570161183-697
>>
>> Lindsay Huntoon
>> M-A-I-N-E...GOOOOO BLUUUUUE!!!

Dan Doucette

Maine Hockey - we win it all in odd-numbered years

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.