ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:14:02 -0400
BobW wrote, in part..
>         The fairy-tale wedding of former UMaine defenseman Chris Imes to
> the former Gretchen Olson will be featured on The Learning Channel  (TLC)
> Monday, September 25 and Thursday, Oct. 19th.

Fairy-tale, indeed!

Good show.  My better half cried through the whole thing. :-)   But the
only interesting parts for my kindergartener were the boat-ride to the
ceremony and  the bride and groom parading through a tunnel of
hockey sticks. :-)

I particularly liked the architecture and landscape shots, hearing
Chris' voice again and seeing our friend Anne Hathaway in several
shots. When you see Anne at the Alfond, ask about her adventure in
Ljubljana, Slovenia!

On the down side, there was only a single (still) shot of Chris in his
(Maine, I think) hockey uniform, but this was "A Wedding Story", and
Chris singing the Maine Stein Song, after one of the ceremonies, was
left on the cutting-room floor.

Chris Imes ... there lives anyones role model.

Cheers! to Gretchen and Chris,

Wayne Smith -- [log in to unmask] -- Old Town Landing, ME