ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Scott McNey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 09:35:49 -0500
Aside from the Fleet Center I think the best place in New England to
host a Frozen Four is the Hartford Civic Center.  The HCC seats about
15,000 with about 30 Luxury Boxes and a lounge which is much nicer than
the one in Providence.  Unlike Albany, the bathrooms in the HCC are
convienently located, and there is plenty of affordable parking with in
a few blocks of the HCC.  The only problem is that the closest team to
Hartford is UCONN, with a bad D-1 hockey team, so I don't if they'd be
interested in hosting or not, but personally as far as # of tickets and
that kind of concern I think that the HCC would be a great place for a
Frozen Four.