From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:58:25 -0400
Kirk wrote, in part..
> ...then again, they can charge our credit cards $500 for goods they may
> or may not provide at their convenience...

I have good news and bad news.  The (apparently) bad news (for me)
and maybe good news (for you) is that I sent in my 2002 application
weeks ago and they *did*not* charge my credit card.

Aren't there laws that require prompt delivery of goods & services
within a reasonable period of time (a month or six weeks)?  Charging
a card when a lottery will occur to determine if they'll provide the G&S
seems like it "ought" to be illegal, even if it's not.  It also sounds
expensive, unless they have a special credit card company deal.

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                    mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET              University of Maine System
The College Hockey mailing lists: Hockey-L & Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/