ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"D. B. Doucette" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:05:12 -0500
Deron, the converse of your logic is what has driven me obsessively to
follow the "Bracketology" analysis, weekly.  Maine in an "open" conference
has a similar likelihood to lose it (noting the results at the Alfond in
2003) as well as to win it.

An "at large" berth has been a given for UMaine hockey most years, except
for THIS year.

To hope for a string of four in a row (OK, it could be 2 of 3, then must be
2 straight), after the BC series at Conte Forum is a daunting task for the
current Maine squad, IMHO.

Notice how goal scoring seems to be on an uptick in the recent HE games ?
Maine won't win with its current lineup and skill level, if this HE season
ends as a string of high-intensity high-scoring contests.

I'd love to see more up-and-down hockey, but I feel this year's roster is
NOT prepared or structured to step up and deliver a response to that kind of
contest.

Dan