ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"W. T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 03:11:32 -0500
Deron wrote, in part:
> Now for the rub... Keith Johnson in the Portland Press Herald Dec. 29:

> "Especially the juniors, we haven't had the best of luck down here,"
> Johnson said. "We haven't really played particularly well either, but
> it feels good to split down here and get ready for the second half."

I think Keith was just trying to get a good spin on things and get in a
good frame of mind for the remainder of the season ... but I also suspect
that wasn't said with much joy or conviction ... even with a terrific 12-6
record.

I found this quote by a Duluth forward
(http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/sports/13499241.htm)
very interesting:

"(The Black Bears) weren't as physical as I thought they'd be. Maine was
intent on playing its system too much, which made it easier to play them."

Happy New Year, Maine Hockey fans!

(To all readers: please make a New Year's resolution to post to ME-
[log in to unmask] ONCE A WEEK, and to turn a couple of friends on to
ME-Hockey!)

cheers, wayne