ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:49:16 -0500
>the game clock and score were on the screen at the beginning,
>but it was all scrambled....

I was away and missed the games last weekend, but WABI tells me ...

... on this issue of the score/time graphic ... it would be accurate to say
its absence for much of the game Saturday night was a technical glitch. The
producer and director (and) play-by-play announcer are big fans of that
technique.  They had a failure in a piece of equipment in the on-site
trailer and could not get it repaired during the game.  The staff at the
station was able to develop a solution that got a similar graphic on the
air (without the clock) for the audience watching on Channel 5, but the
Channel 8 audience had nothing.  (The play-by-play announcer) tried to say
the score and time more, but it can never really be enough.  Just one of
those things.

cheers, wayne