ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:22:33 -0500
> Howard, it is a fact not sour grapes.

But I'm not hearing why Michaud *should* have won or *could* have won.  What
I'm hearing is that he didn't win because the coaches voted before the end of
the season?  Come on!  Everyone was selected at the same time based on the
same period.  Heck, if we want to argue the selections based on *when* they
were selected, I think it's unfair that Tim Whitehead isn't COTY because he
brought his team into the playoffs, won two on the road and has his team
skating in the semis at the Fleet!  Whitehead was robbed!

Michaud had a strong finish -- no question there.  But these are season-long
awards (almost) and for a big part of that "season" Michaud wasn't anywhere
near consideration for the All-HE team.  If people think Michaud was truly
robbed, make a case for him.  Why should he have been selected?  Why does he
deserve to be on the All-HE team?  That's what I'm looking for.  Not a cop-out
based on the coaches voting too early.

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425