ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:36:00 -0500
 Saturdays game was again frustrating but I can live with a tie when I see
the effort. I truly belive Maine has the better team when healthy and
focused. PC has some dangerous weapons and excellant goaltending but lack
depth. Maine was lacking depth also but its a result of injuries.
Interesting that Ryan and Murphy sat last night, a wakeup call for Prestin I
hope. He hasn't been the player he was at the end of last year.

 Cliff Loya has been the best DMan on  this team and last night a goal was
taken from the Peter Metcalf playbook. Carry the puck up and through
traffic, get in the slot and roof it. Great play by Cliff, who appears to be
saying climb on boys and I'll take you  on my back. I hope every one the
team sees that the way I saw it last night. Maybe Cliff doesn't have the
offensive skills to do it alone but it appears he has heart enough to give
it a try.

 I was glad to see Greyeyes skate through a few PC players, the guy is tough
and Maine has been lacking a physical side. I thought Lynch played well also
as compared to earlier games at forward.

 Hopefully Heisten and Shaneberger will be back this weekend as we'll need
the offense down at the Mullins Center.