ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:22:29 -0500
> I thought this list was made for discussion of Maine Hockey. Both for
good things Maine hockey has done(too long to list) and the bad points of
Maine hockey. I for one don't believe Prestin is a villian  but I do
believe something must be done about his temper. He is a freshman in terms
of playing and sometimes it takes some seasoning before they understand Div
1 Hockey. I believe their is a pattern of losing control shown by Prestin
so far. When was the time a player was suspended for a fight?. Martin
Mercier, Steve Widmayer(sp?), seems like it has been along time. I wasn't
upset about him friday night,no doubt he was wild and swung his stick but
nothing came of it.  Their in no doubt in my mind the kid is a talented
player, I saw that last year in the Blue White game. I picked up on his
attitude at that game and looked forward to him adding some toughness to
the Maine D. He needs to tone it down and whatever it takes for that to
happen is up to Coach Whitehead and Staff.

And yes I've made plenty of mistakes and  some of them I have payed for
dearly.
The difference is Prestin is now a public figure. Playing Hockey for a team
we follow with a passion therefore we react with passion.

 One last point, its too bad we can't have this much traffic on the list
all the time  not when something bad happens:(