ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:53:21 EST
>> The tough part is finding the money (to build a new rink -- the current
>> one is already named).
>>
>> No, Wayne, it isn't.  The building is named, and the rink is not.  For
>> example, at Boston College, the correct terminology is playing on the Jack
>> Kelley Memorial Rink in Silvio Conte Forum ... see?  So, it could be the
>> Shawn Walsh Memorial Rink in the Harold Alfond Sports Arena.

What a stretch that is.  Go to the Conte Forum and watch basketball.
The next night go to Kelley Rink ...  in the very same seat ...  and
watch hockey!  So many people to honor; so few buildings.

While I'm complaining/ranting ...  ever notice that when the lines at
the concession stands end at the final intermission of basketball and
hockey (all) the concession stands immediately close?  Except, since the
University seems to operate them, they're not concession stands at all,
just junk food dispensaries with bankers' hours.

There ... now I can get on with holiday cheer ;=)

gobble gobble,
wayne

Wayne T. Smith                        "Ommmmmmmmm ..... Ommmmmmmm"
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
The College Hockey lists: Hockey-L and Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/