ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 08:30:43 -0500
WOW, what a hot topic!

If my conversations and discussions with the Athletic Administration can be
interpreted correctly, it is my belief that they are thoroughly examining
this issue and will treat all parties with *respect*.  I have never heard any
of them say they will displace the season ticket holders in the balcony.
 Rather, if the balcony plan is implemented, that already loud bunch will be
augmented by a hopefully revivified student body, encouraged by a *respect*
from the Administration they have not felt for a while.  And Wayne's point
about the financial considerations cannot be argued.  This administration has
spent a great deal of time and energy focusing on bringing the department
into a fiscal reality zone.  This emotional kind of issue does not tend to
easily make friends in the folks it impacts, but most of these new policies
are ultimately beneficial and entirely neccesary.  Now, with just a few
details and glitches to be smoothed out, they can begin to place their
attention on other things.  By all means, give them your import, but be
patient and let them have the time to do their jobs!!

One of the benefits of hiring "from away" is that they do tend to look at
situations with a fresh viewpoint, and new ideas.  They also tend to be folks
who are making this their careers, so the job they do is not only important
to them as an issue of personal satisfaction, but as a means to further their
aspirations and goals.  While I value the loyalty that keeps many fine
members of the staff here, the folks who view this as a stepping stone in
their careers can be seen as a beneficial influence, too!!

Definitely personal opinion!!