ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Lindsay A. Huntoon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:55:24 -0400
Maine beat Lowell 2-0 tonight at the Tsongas.  Good turnout by Maine fans
(there always is).  My special Stein award goes to John Gabarra and Bob
Thomas for making the trek down from the Great White North.

Yeats got #1 star of the game.  Nice to see Niko back in uniform, too bad
he's going to have to sit out the next game after getting tossed tonight.

Fitzy was wearing the black and white striped shirt with the orange
armbands tonight, and must have had his whistle stuck in his mouth all
night (he was blowing the darn thing all night).  Fortunately, a good many
of the calls went Maine's way.  I did, however, have a small shred of
sympathy for the Lowell team when Fitzy put them down two men with 21.4
seconds left in the game.  That's a bit much, I think, just let them play.
Makes me long for the days of McBlind and Cole.

For those of you traveling to Cornell, I don't know of any pregame meeting
places.  Now if they only put Princeton on their schedule (they seem to be
playing the rest of the Ivies), Dan and I could recommend a great place on
Nassau Street.  Oh well, one can only hope.

Lindsay Huntoon
M-A-I-N-E...GOOOOO BLUUUUUE!!!