ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 13:51:26 -0500
7bit
From:
"Robert M. Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Hello all!

Dan, I really like your game comments. I think they give us fans that aren't
at the game a knowledgeable fans opinion, one similar to what other Black
Bear fans might take away from the game, and I like that.

As for where to find the official game statistics the soonest your right, it
probably is going to be at either http://www.hockeyeastonline.com  or at
http://www.uscollegehockey.com I'd like to tell you that, as the official
UMaine web site, http:www.umaine.edu/hockey would be as up to date and just
as fast as the other sites however, at the present time, that isn't the
truth. I'm working with Keith Bingham, Assistant Manager Of Media Relations,
to get all the official UMaine information as well as the official
information from Hockey East. I really feel bad for Keith. He is pretty much
a one man SID as far as hockey goes and the poor guy is sending me stuff for
the web site as fast as he can put it together. Just this week he thought he
was going to have the Media Guide done (which will have the player profiles
that I need for the web site) and his computer up and died on him.

I do get the game stats fairly soon after the end of a game and they go up
on to the site at: http://www.umaine.edu/hockey/01/Recaps/toc.htm pretty
darn quick too. But, as far as a feel for the game or a report from the
game, what I get is the official press release from the home team's SID. I
post that directly above the game stats. Personally, I like what you put
together, Dan. You give us your sense and opinions right from the arena
seat.

Bob Thomas
www.umaine.edu/hockey