ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Mark Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 13:29:26 +0000
Maybe somebody can help me remember the exact date, the year, and the
players involved...  I seem to recall it was '91 or '92 but can't say
for sure...

My uncle has season tix directly behind the net at the North end of
Alfond.  One of my first games ever was a thriller where Maine trailed
Northeastern by 2 goals (3-1?  4-2?) with about 2 minutes to play.  The
Huskies, who all seemed to be 2-3 inches taller and 20-30 lbs heavier
than the Bears, had been forechecking hard all game.  They had played an
intimidating brand of hockey, and the Maine kids were showing the
effects.  They were exhausted..

Well, about half the crowd left early, but the rest of us who stuck
around were treated to one of the all-time great comebacks.  Maine lit
the lamp 3 times in about 90 seconds, and the place was going berserk!

Anyone else remember this game??  I don't think it was televised, but
I'd kill for a video of those final 120 seconds!!

M-A-I-N-E!  Goooooooo Blue!!!!

Mark Brown
Duluth, GA