ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:11:47 -0500
8bit
From:
Nonni Daly <[log in to unmask]>
        One great goal which really made a believer out of me came in the
spring of 1986 and was the first time Maine had ever beaten BC, I think
-- and certainly the first win over them at home.  I know it isn't one
of the 10 All-Time Great, but it make a trip down Memory Lane for some
of you :-)
        Pete Smith was in net and we actually went into OT with a 4-4 tie.
Not too long into overtime, Scott Smith let loose with a slapper from
the blue line and lit the lamp.  I thought the roof was never going to
settle back down on Alfond Arena.  If we could be BC at home, we could
beat anyone anywhere!  For some reason, that sticks out as a turning
point in the Maine Hockey saga for me.
Nonni Daly