ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 00:20:22 -0500
Well, Dan and I saw close to three periods of hockey tonight, but the game
we started out at wasn't the game we finished up with.

Our evening began at the Fleece Center where the Bruins were taking on the
Chicago Black Hawks.  The B's spotted the Hawks a 2-0 lead, but just as we
were getting ready to bail, they cut the lead to 2-1, and tied it up at the
end of the first period.  The Black Hawks regained a two goal advantage at
7:30 of the second period, at which time Dan and I grabbed our coats and
started climbing over people to get to the nearest exit.  I should note
that in the 13 years we've been attending Bruins games, this is the
earliest we've bailed out.  By the way, the B's got clobbered 9-3.

We then hopped on the Orange line, and took it to the Massachusetts Avenue
stop, which is right around the corner from Matthews Arena.  We made it to
the Maine/NU game (got in without having to pay) at the start of the second
intermission.  I guess you can say that we lost 15-6.

From what I saw of the officiating during the third period, it wasn't much
better than Friday night.  Maine got ROBBED of a goal midway through the
third period which would have cut the lead to 5-4.  The puck drifted past
Northeastern's goalie, but it really looked like it crossed the entire goal
line before he batted it back into play (we were sitting in the balcony
down at that end and had a pretty good view of the play).  Maine also got
away with a couple of icings, and there were a couple of line changes where
they had about seven players on the ice.

Hope that they use this as a wake-up call!!

Lindsay A. Huntoon
Go Maine Black Bears
Providence or Bust in 2000