ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Mark Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 23:43:44 +0000
I've been eagerly following all the posts over the past few weeks since
joining this discussion forum.  Lots of good scoops out there.

Mixed emotions about Peter Ferraro being drafted by the Thrashers.  As a
Bruins fan, I was hoping Peter might be yet another injection of energy
into the surging B's.  His performance at Providence this season had
certainly gotten some attention.  (I may be wrong, but I believe Bob
Beers was the last Black Bear before him to play for the Bruins...)

However, now that I reside in Atlanta (and have Thrashers season tix)
it's nice to know he'll be cutting up and down ice.

By the way -- regarding that "discount" snafu by the UMaine ticket
office, I've never been one to hold the school accountable for honest
mistakes, but I think it's bush of them to offer nothing to those who
are calling about it.  Not even an apology!!  Well, if I were in Orono
I'd be DEMANDING that they honor their offer.  They could avoid a lot of
negative publicity by at least offering a free hat or T-shirt...

Mark Brown
Duluth, GA