ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:51:43 EDT
There's good news and bad news.  The good news is that everything is as
expected ($2 blue-white, $15/game(up $1) and $17/day for JCPenney for a
total of $276/seat, with $2 handling charge).

Other good news is that the mailing was (mostly) very well done, and is
(mostly) clear and looks well.  Other information on other sports, as
well as individual game purchase is well presented.  (Hockey individual
game ticket purchase will be available Oct 4, for the entire season (no
more wait 'til Monday!  Yea!).  Payment is due by July 23rd ...  not
bad.  Ticket prices, the mailing says, will remain fixed until Fall of
2002!

On the bad side, the schedule(s) were not included.  (Note: the hockey
schedule is available on the web site; http://Maine.edu/me-hockey will
get you there).  Worse, I suppose, is that "they" raised my hopes by
including this:

   "University of Maine Faculty/Staff: A 20% discount off season tickets
   is available for UMaine Faculty and Staff members!"

Forget it.  I called the ticket office, amazed.  The discount "does not
apply to hockey season tickets nor sports paks".  :-(

"They" might have written so in the first place.  When I asked if "they"
would honor the offer as written, I was politely told NO by the ticket
manager.

Maybe I will go another year ...  they've given me a few weeks to think
about it.

Drop the puck, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L and Hockey3