ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Brian Sprague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:06:11 -0600
My own take on this as a hockey player is that the object of the contest
is to score a goal.  Am I wrong?  And as we all know, the rules of the
NCAA, USA Hockey, the NHL, and international rules all state that the
entire puck must cross the goal line.  There isn't a hockey league on
earth in which it would have been a goal.  So, it's close but no cigar.
You don't win the half court shot at the NBA all star game if the ball
rolls around the rim then falls off...

Brian Sprague