ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:47:17 EDT
>1.      BC (8 first place votes)
>2.      Maine (1)
>3.      UNH
>4.      BU
>5.      Providence
>6.      Northeastern
>7.      UMass-Lowell
>8.      Merrimack
>9.      UMass-Amherst"
>
>Bet this will cause some turmoil!

Turmoil?  Everyone voted BC#1 (last year NCAA champion) except BC who
couldn't/didn't vote for his own team.  (my supposition!)

My guess is that despite UNH and BU fan expectations, they might even
finish lower ...  and NU might finish lower.  Out on a limb ...  I think
Maine and BC should be head and shoulders above the rest of the league
and that overall the league will be weaker this season ...  but the
inter-league play will show us for sure.

All-in-all, I like our prospects as well as anyone else's.  Of course,
Cathy's probably wondering how Maine could be ranked 2nd in HEA when
they'll soon have a 42-0 record and a 2nd national championship! :-)

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing