ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:00:49 EDT
This Saturday the Friends of Maine Hockey will host a booth on the Mall at
UMaine.  The guy in charge of this event (John Gabarra) for the FMH shamefully
has not yet signed up for this list, (although he tried today to sign up!!),
so he is taking me up on my offer to post about this FUN event!

Here is his plea:

Volunteers needed!!!  The Friends of Maine Hockey are in need of a few
volunteers to "man" our booth on the mall at the University this
Saturday Sept 26.  The booth allows kids to shoot a puck at a radar gun.
For $1 they get 2 initial shots, then if they can guess the speed of the
third shot within 3 mph either way, they get their choice of a Maine
puck or a Maine hockey calendar. We've arranged for the hockey players
to show up in groups of roughly 3 for about an hour each - it is a lot
of fun and the players have a good time interacting with the kids. Right
now we are looking for people to work the booth from 10-11 am, 11-12 am
and 2-3 pm.
This is your chance to meet some of our recruits face-to-face!!

This is really one of the most fun things the FMH does during the season,
right up there with Skate with the Bears, in my estimation, and is only an
hour of time for a volunteer!  Even if you are unable to volunteer, please
come by and meet some of the fellas, as they all seem to enjoy interacting
with the fans!

GO MAINE!!

Cathy Hart