ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:50:43 -0400
Former Maine hockey great Jim Montgomery (Maine '93) is among six honorees
slated for induction into the University of Maine Sports Hall of Fame at a
ceremony to be held October 16th at the Black Bear Inn in Orono.

The center posted the mark as Maine's all-time leading scorer with 103
goals, 198 assists for a total of 301 points, and holds records for games
played (170) and assists. His NHL experience has been noted by tours with
St. Louis, Montreal and Philadelphia.  In the AHL, his most recent stop saw
him with last year's Calder Cup winner Philadelphia Phantoms.

Our list members will recall his hat-trick scored in the final period in
the 1993 Championship to bring Maine their title over Lake Superior State.

He is not deserving of a two-way conract like the Bruins seem to offer to
former college players.