NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeffrey Letourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - UNET Technology Services Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:07:08 -0500
At approximately 3pm today our T3 to UUNET starting taking a fairly
large number of errors distrupting our Internet connectivity.  As of
approximately 5:45pm, our Internet traffic is being routed over a
"shadow", or secondary, T3 we have installed for just such situations.
The rerouting of our Internet traffic to the "shadow" was not exactly
transparent.  We are working with UUNET to make sure that, in the
future, the failover to the secondary T3 is much more seemless and
timely.

We will continue to run on the secondary T3 while UUNET works with AT&T
to resolve the circuit problems with our primary connection.  We will
swap back to the primary T3 once it is able to run without errors.

Jeff Letourneau