ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:05:10 +0000
I wouldn't think that Grant retiring should be unexpected ... He wanted to last year, by many reports.

I'm very surprised by Guy's leaving. $81K is very good money for eastern Maine.  Despite Deron's comments, you'd think the job stable. Why would someone change jobs to where he has little experience (pro teams),  gets a pay cut, and (despite a multi-year contract) may have less job security.

It's easy to speculate that working conditions might appear better with the change, as he personally knows the person hiring him; should we imply Whitehead was not happy with Guy's work?  Again speculating, might Guy have substantially better budget with CO than UMaine?  Again speculating, might UMaine no longer be able to recruit and keep a top prospect or two each year?  If so, why?   If you suggest it's the head coach, I'll probably be unconvinced!

Cheers, Wayne
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile