ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:07:32 -0800
> > did Ryan pass at all in the game he played?
>
> hee.

I did in fact see at least one Ryan pass, but only after he skated
around for awhile first.  James would get a kick out of the people near
me trying to figure out if that was Prestin Ryan, or if he was related
to Prestin.

> IMHO, although Moore will never look like a 4th-liner hustling for
> his
> next shift, he's usually one of the best players on the ice ... and
> one
> the opposition recognizes as such.  In fact, an NU person I chatted
> with
> this weekend included Moore as one of two players they prepared for.

Would like to see a more consistent effort from him, among others.
He's got the whole package, some size, speed and some offensive talent
too.  Just got to put it all together.

Leveille has these great flashes when you can really see the skill he
has, but then disappears for awhile.  Watching him I sensed he is
frustrated (trying to do too much offensively sometimes), but he also
appeared to be taking an on-ice leadership role.  He gathered his
teammates for a discussion several times during tv-timeouts.  Maybe
they were talking about the party later that night, but I'd sooner
think they were talking hockey.

RE:  second goal

I did not watch a replay, but my impression at the time was that
Deschamps hesitated just enough to not be able to make the play.  It
ended up looking like a pretty easy goal on Howard.

> This was a very good, but not great effort from the Bears.  The
> intensity we saw against BU wasn't quite to the same level, and there
> were ups and downs, but it was a very good effort ... and very good
> against a rough and instigating NU team, believe it or not.

The first period was really good and that effort during 60 minutes
would make them tough to beat against anyone.

The power play struggled a lot on Saturday as well.

>    Everyone that writes about the game on ME-Hockey or Hockey-L: A+
> (hee hee)

It's about time I get an A+ from UMaine.. never got one when I was a
student there!  ;-)

-Deron