ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:19:19 EST
>Are the obstructed view tickets sold at a discount or are they regular
>price?  Those four corners deserve either greatly reduced prices or monitors
>with fixed cameras showing the obstructed part of the ice.

The arena is NOT symmetrical on both axes.

There aren't 4 corners obstructed, but just 2 sections (FFF & MMM) with
upper seats obstructed by the ceiling from seeing some of the North end
of the arena.  Those seats are sold at the same price as all others ...
but always after others have been sold.

Starting 20 minutes before this game last Saturday, SRO (standing room
only) non-seats were passed out to students.  I don't know if any were
sold, nor how much they would have cost.  Having an upper FFF/MMM ticket
is much preferable to SRO, IMHO.

Nothing much happens in the North end anyway ;-)

I also heard that Saturday night's game was a sell-out, with some late
arriving folks without tickets not allowed entrance ...  not many of
those in last few years ...  guess the additional 500 season ticket
sales will make for some more sell-outs this season!

Great turn-out by students so far.  Coach Whitehead, in a post-game TV
interview called the Saturday night crowd the "BEST EVER"!

cheers, wayne