ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:15:09 -0500
At 10:55 AM 2/2/00 , you wrote:
>Also, how selfish is Niko?

Niko is a great player and I think he'll be a star in this league before
he's done.  What everyone needs to remember about him is that he's been
hurt several times with several different injuries.  I noticed in the BC
series that he just didn't look like himself.

Want to see how good the kid is, check out the tape of the first UNH
game.  He was unreal.  When healthy, that is what we can expect from
Niko.  He can carry the puck and most importantly control the puck as well
as any player I've seen in awhile.  He looked less than 100% this weekend,
and that is why he may have looked "selfish" (as you put it) because he was
trying to do what he was capable of, but just couldn't physically perform
up to par.

That's my take.

-Deron