ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John and Jean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:23:01 -0500
D B Doucette wrote:
I will admit I wasn't in the locker room, if that's what you meant by "time with
the team".

That is exactly what I meant.  I perceived your smugness comment as the attitude
of the players after they've won the national championship.  Their attitude off
the ice not on the ice.   I applaud you for being a true Maine fan.  You should
feel fortunate that you have the time and resources to travel with and watch an
outstanding college hockey program.

I'm sick and tired of the talk about a lack of a "leader".  Do you and others
really mean "star" ???

No I don't mean star.  I mean a leader. Someone with the character and fortitude
to lift the team with his performance on and off the ice.  This team has stars
(Heisten,Larose,Janik) but possibly not someone with the makeup to be a true
leader.  This is an inborn characteristic not something that is learned.

John Duffill
An original Friend of Maine Hockey