ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:45:10 -0500
Read the following letter in the BDN on-line today (Tuesday):

http://www.bangornews.com/Sports/19991214000000SportsLette.html

breif recap:  letter titled "Shame on UMaine " described a BU fan
encountering a
"vulgar attack" an "obscene cheer" and "disgusting language" at the Friday
game.

I had commented some days ago that Mr. Demoree equating "wrestling" on TV
with college sports, on a post to this list describing his radio program,
was to me a portent of civility going downhill at the Alfond, and Brian
responded that more of his callers offered wrestling talk than discussing
Maine hockey.

I asked if Maine had adopted the ( I even hate to write it ) "suck" cheer,
and it appears from responses that it intended to for the BU game.

We could discount somewhat the lament of a disappointed BU fan, and will
avoid discussion of what it's like to be a Maine fan attending a game at
the Boston University rink ( I won't go there anymore ) in a response to
the BDN.

But, what exactly was it like on Friday, from those on the who were there ?

In related items:

No one posted anything to this list about either weekend game.  What gives ?

Note to Brian (is my experience like others ?):  I tried once again to load
the WMEB signal on my PowerMac 6100/60, this time after upgrading to
Netscape 4.08.  In a five-minute-plus download, all I got with the ticker
at 2:20:19 was a broken-up signal.
I'm giving up until I see if I can afford a new PC after the holiday.

Dan Doucette

Maine - National Champions 1993 and 1999 -
first in the new Millennium ?

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.