From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:26:43 -0800
Well, you can put me down as one who wouldn't do a skills competition if it were free.

I'd be interested to see how this came about.  Did they decide they wanted to charge for the
Humanitarian/Hobey ceremony, but didn't think they could get away with it?  Did they come up with
the idea for the skills competition, then decide to move the Hobey ceremony?

I also don't understand the economics.  Say you get a thousand people.  That's $10,000 bucks, and
I doubt that it would be worth it.  Do they think they're going to fill the place up?  Far easier
to jack up everybody's ticket price and tell us that this year for the exorbitant increase in
ticket prices, we get the "added benefit" of admission to the skills competition.  I imagine this
idea didn't come up early enough, though.