From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:03:03 -0400
I had wondered how Ikola had ended up at Michigan, their success during
that time notwithstanding.  In any event, Heyliger had some success
recruiting up in Eveleth.  The other Michigan player on the 1956 Olympic
team was John Matchefts, also from Eveleth.  In the late 1930s, Heyliger
had as many as 13 recruits on his team from Eveleth.  Apparently, there
was a year when the entire University of Illinois team was from Eveleth.
The town of Eveleth currently has a population of less than 4000.

It must be off-season already.

Doug Peterson