From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 16:33:03 -0800
On Fri, 2 Jan 1998 11:10:09 -0500 (EST) Jim Love wrote:

>   Read his remarks again, this time without the rose (or whatever BU officially
> calls its version of "red" :-) colored glasses, and I think you'll see that his
> remarks were not intended to inflame, but to gently ridicule some patently
> ridiculous nonsense.  If every satirist had to apologize for being clever,
> the world would be a *very* boring place <grin> ....

Yes, I do indeed wear scarlet colored glasses.  And I am one to instill
some level of humor into my posts, however lame they may be.  But I have
to disagree with your viewpoint that Mr. Klein's remarks were merely his
idea of ridiculing other people's notions.  His post in my opinion was
genuinely inflammatory, and I felt it was time that I, as a BU fan, take
exception to it and others like it.

In the spirit of trying to be clever, congratulations are therefore
extended to the fans of the #1 college football team in the land from a
fan of the #0 college football team in the land.

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller