Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:27:01 -0500
At 9:37 AM -0500 3/18/01, Keith Instone wrote:
>I feel like Puxatawney [sic] Phil, only popping his head up on 1 day
>out of the year.

I post so rarely, that the moderator had to approve this first. So
even tho I wrote it Sunday AM, you won't read it until much later.

As I write this 15 minutes after the ESPN 2 show is over, I still
cannot figure out what happened. Hopefully you all will have answers
for these already.

The first 4 placements were easy.

How did SLU end up in the east?

How did Wisconsin end up in the west? Was it attendance? Badgers can
swim across Lake Michigan to get to Grand Rapids.

Obviously, the "avoid 2nd round intra-conference match-ups" was not
very important this year.

Was this a seed-by-the-numbers year or did the committee juggle a lot?

If you do overall strength of brackets, you get:

1 MSU - 9 Wisconsin / 10 Providence
2 BC - 7 Minnesota / 8 Maine
3 SCSU - 5 Michigan / 11 Mrcy
4 UND - 6 CC / 12 SLU

Michigan State gets 1 of 2 teams from the bottom third
Boston College gets 1 of 2 teams from the middle third

Keith

--
Keith Instone - [log in to unmask] - http://keith.instone.org/