Sender:
From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:22:37 -0500
On Jan 22, 12:04, Rowe, Thomas wrote:
>OK - I'm curious.  Looks like I missed something.  Who is Leeor Shtrom and
>how did he manage to get two DQs in the same game?

(only 'cause I love this story :-)

Shtrom was a goaltender for Union a couple years ago, and he and his mates
were playing at Cornell.  With about two minutes remaining in what would be
a 5-2 Cornell win, a huge brawl broke out involving everybody on the ice
except, as is usually the case in these circumstances, the two goaltenders.
All of a sudden, Shtrom left his crease, skated the length of the ice to
confront the Cornell goaltender Ian Burt, and said something like, "Hey,
you wanna go?"  Accounts differ as to whether Burt responded, "yeah, all
right" or "nah, you'd probably kill me" but the two netminders quickly got
into it. Shtrom was assessed a major for leaving his crease, a major for
fighting, and two DQ's.  The Union coach tacked on an additional game
suspension, so Shtrom was shelved for Union's next four games.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97
"It's politics, which comes from the Latin 'poli', meaning 'many', and 'tics',
 meaning 'blood-sucking parasites.'"
-- Dave Barry