ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:40:09 EST
Having played hockey since I was 4 and played on many teams from youth to
high school, to college, semi pro as well as various rec mens team, I want to
say that hockey players are a fraternity. Much of what goes on behind the
scenes, in the locker room,off the ice, are between the team. Disipline is
handled amongst the team and teammates. These goings on are not public
knowledge nor do most players want them to be. The Maine players and coaches
will take care of themselves. Most players who mess up have to answer to a
higher authority than the fans, themselves, as well as their teammates and
coaches and peers. Let us as fans support them where they need it most, on
the ice. The rest will take care of itself.
Dan Murphy