ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John and Jean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:42:04 -0500
Dan Doucette wrote:

> Thought the Maine list would like this too
>
> >Just some background on this player and family.  His father, also named
> >Paul Lynch,
> >is a Deputy Chief in the Peabody Fire Department.  The Salem News reported
> >recently
> >that the elder Lynch was issued a five day suspension from the department
> >for insubordination
> >over an issue having to do with repairs on fire apparatus and coverage at
> >one of the local
> >fire houses.
> >
> >Like father, like son ?????
> >
> >Maine seems to be favored by high-spritied hockey players from MA with
> >Irish background !!!

I think that some vital information was left out of Mr. Doucettes post.  First
the Peabody,MA Fire Department has been working for a significant period of time
without a labor contract.  Second Deputy Chief Lynch was suspended after he
participated in a protest movement at Peabody,MA City hall.  The incident for
which he was suspended occurred a significant time before the suspension.  Third
and maybe most important the Equipment of the Peabody,MA Fire Department is
deplorable at best.

I think it is unfair to compare a man's livelihood, profession and the safety of
the citizens of Peabody,MA with a boy playing a game.  Lets not judge a persons
actions by what we read in a newspaper and lets wait to judge the younger
Lynch's Irish Spirit until he is under the guidance of Coach Walsh.

John Duffill '86