ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:09:57 -0500
It will only be the first few days of December, but this weekend games with
Northeastern are very big games.

Maine (5-4-3) could put some space between itself and Northeastern (5-5-1)
with a pair of victories.  The teams sit tied for fifth-place in Hockey East
with 5 points, though Maine does have two gams in hand over the Huskies.

I heard an interesting stat that in 12 games this year, Maine has scored 2
goals or less 8 times (67% of the time).  By my rough count, Maine is 2-3-3
in those 8 games, but have only been outscored by a 12-10 margin.  In the
other 4 games, Maine is 3-1 and outscored its oponents 23-13.  (The one loss
was a 5-3 defeat by Providence)

Take from that what you will, but while being 5-4-3 at this point is not
where Maine wants to be I do not think they are that far away from kicking
it up a notch.  With the goaltending as good as its been lately and the
defense playing pretty well, just another goal or two a game is probably all
it will take for Maine.

Next week, we have BU and BC the latter will give us a real test of where we
stand.

-deron