ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:47:41 -0500
Finally have good news to report for those beyond the WZON AM radio signal:

On our way to Maine Friday night, we caught the OSU game first
in the Portland area on 1440 AM, then on 95.5 FM, both stations
carrying "the Jab" sports radio.

Kept on listening on FM until we picked it up on a Bar Harbor station
99.1 FM "Lucky 99".  That worked from Rockport on Rt. 90 until we
got to Northport and home.

The WZON announcers gave a welcome to the stations we had heard,
noting their addition to the radio network.

Thank you to those stations, especially in southern Maine, where only
BU (ugh) hockey had been heard.

Please call and thank these stations (especially the Jab on sports talk)
and tell advertisers you thank them for supporting Maine hockey on the
airwaves.
Dan Doucette

U Maine Hockey wins it all in odd-numbered years !!