EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Hideo Nogami <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 01:51:24 +0900
That Pound wrote on the Beardsley-Yeats episode in Cantos was not
in my memory. I could only remember he said on Beardsley in the radio
speach.
The radio speach No.52(July 6, 1942), " Continuity" , is very interesting to
know
Pound's thought on Modern art.
In this radio speach, Pound is recorded to have spoken, "Health is More
interesting than disease. Health is TOTAL. Beauty is More interesting than
distortion." Essentially, he saw Beardsley as "a sick man."
written in the detention camp is the second.

Hideo Nogami